Survivor of Pain

Survivor of Pain
We can all be survivor's even in the face of the pain!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Body/Mind

Yesterday I saw my counselor: Sandi, she is so awesome!  I've been to a lot of Counselor's in my life, but she is by far; the best!  And she came along at the right point in my life.  My meds(for mental health) are finally at the right doses and the right combination of drugs.  I actually feel "Normal" for the first time in as long as I can remember.  Now, I have this Counselor who is not only working on my emotional state, but is working on my physical state as well.  She believes strongly in Holistic approaches.  Yesterday, I actually went into a mild state of hypnosis, (something I never thought was possible for me) and met up with my 8 year old self.  We had a long chat, it was so awesome!
I know to some people this all may sound very strange, I know it did to me at first, but it's really, truly helpful for Chronic Pain Patients with all our Depression, etc..  I recommend we all see a Counselor and try to find one that is interested in ALL of you! As I'm sure we all know; The Mind and Body are interconnected and in order to heal one, you need to deal with the other as well!

Yesterday I started doing laps up and down the ramp after dinner.  This is no small task as it's a fairly steep ramp! (pic at right).
I have been doing laps throughout the day every day for about 2 months now.  But, they were never consistent, so I decided to make myself do it every day, after dinner and increase it by a lap a day.  So, yesterday I did 2 laps, today I did 3.  It felt so good!  I have gained a lot of strength in my arms but the pain in my arms/hands is worse? I still can't hold my arms above my head either for more than a few seconds. much.  I just pray it will be the answer to these symptoms going away altogether!  I wonder how long it will take, though?

No comments:

Post a Comment