Survivor of Pain

Survivor of Pain
We can all be survivor's even in the face of the pain!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yay! I got a Bed!






For most people, I'm sure it's not a life changing experience when they get a new bed. But, for me it's HUGE! My new and wonderful Caregiver; Leeza, has only been working with me for about a month, but she has spent so much time trying to get the help I need.



One of the things Ineeded pretty bad, was an electric hospital bed. I was falling when I'd try and transfer to and from my old bed. Not only that but there's always the chance I could get bed sores(yuck). Leeza has spent so much time on the phone speaking to everyone from; My drs. Nurse to my Case worker at Senior and Disabled Services, (also a wonderful woman!) to the city representative and the Insurance co. (LIPA) which is the worse insurance co. ever! I know all HMO's are bad but these people are absolutely horrible!! Yesterday, she actually spoke to the Governor's office!



Anyhoo, last week after another depressing day in hell, she gave me the huge news that she had found me a hospital bed which had only been slept in twice and was vertually brand new! And, it was free! and Mine! By Thursday night I was sleeping in my new bed and was more comfortable than I had in soooo many years.







I'm dedicating this blog to Leeza! She's the best thing that has ever happened to me! I love her soooo much and want her to know that her sacrifices have not gone unnoticed!



She's the greatest! and I hope everyone in my position can find their own Leeza!




To my Angel:



God Bless you and your partner for all you do!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment